Our Bursary Scheme

Writing School East Midlands Bursary Scheme

donation-400pxThe Writing School has introduced a pilot bursary scheme. This is in part funded by Writing East Midlands and participants at the School. Bursaries are available for 30% off a single course fee and are awarded on a discretionary basis on individual applications.

The bursary scheme exists to support writers on low incomes who are unable to afford the full fee for our courses or workshops. Bursaries are awarded on the basis of financial need. To help us support as many people as possible, please only apply if you would be unable to take part without a bursary.  We will prioritise those who have never attended a Writing School course/workshop before. Bursaries are available for 30% off a single course fee; you will need to pay for the remaining 70%. We are unable to award bursaries retrospectively.

How to apply

Please contact aimee@writingeastmidlands.co.uk detailing:

  • Which course you would like a bursary for
  • A short personal statement (no more than 250 words) describing your reasons for applying for a bursary
  • Indicate how you are on a low income (do you receive a means-tested benefit, what is your employment status, are there any other circumstances affecting your ability to afford the fees?). Please supply evidence supporting this.

Decisions will be made on the merits of each individual case and further evidence will be requested. The bursary budget is limited and we will not be able to support every application. All information provided will be treated as strictly confidential.